VA or Trade School Candidates
What To Expect
A signalperson is trained to use hand and voice signals for crane operation. Our training for the written exam portion of your NCCCO signalperson certification aims to fully prepare you for the test, whether you’re entering the field for the first time or are a long-time industry veteran. In addition to covering material that’s specific to the exam, Train for the Crane will also give you test-taking strategies and a comprehensive practice exam to help prepare you for success.
Signal Person Exam
The written exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions, and candidates are given 60 minutes to complete the test.
- Signalperson roles and responsibilities
- How to signal a crane using hand, voice, and audible signals
- The safest, most effective signalperson techniques
- Signalperson positioning
- Dedicated spotter responsibilities
- Use of operator aids
- Crane assembly and disassembly responsibilities
- A complete practice exam and answer review session
- Tips for taking standardized tests
Completion and Practical’s
In addition to successfully completing your written exam, you’ll also need to take your practical exam.
Your written and practical exams can be taken in any order, but they’ll need to be completed within 12
months of each other. Once you pass both exams and achieve your certification, your certification is
valid for five years. At Train for the Crane we provide the Written and Practical exam preparation and
testing while you are with us during your training experience.